Voters in Florida have approved a ballot measure that will increase the minimum wage in several phases.
The minimum wage will increase as follows:
- $10 per hour on September 30, 2021;
- $11 per hour on September 30, 2022;
- $12 per hour on September 30, 2023;
- $13 per hour on September 30, 2024;
- $14 per hour on September 30, 2025; and
- $15 per hour on September 30, 2026.
Beginning on September 30, 2027, the minimum wage will be adjusted annually for inflation and take effect the following January.
For Florida employers, the minimum wage is scheduled to increase twice in 2021. Under existing law, the minimum wage in Florida will increase to $8.65 per hour on January 1, 2021. Under the ballot measure, it will increase again on September 30, 2021, to $10 per hour. Employers should ensure compliance with these changes and post an updated minimum wage poster. Please contact your dedicated service professional with any questions.